Monday, February 15, 2010

Email back from Jetblue

I got an email back from Jetblue this weekend. It was a standard cookie cutter response appologizing that I was unhappy with Karen and it would be referred to her supervisor. And no, we don't extend the time for vouchers.

It took almost two weeks to hear back from them and I was underwhelmed by the response. I don't think any less of them, but I don't think any more of them either. I'll be honest though, I don't know what they could do to make me feel better. In some ways a voucher would make me feel better, but even that doesn't address the issue. Heck, it was only a one way voucher anyway. They never did address my issue with shutting down on my last two days available for booking, nor did they respond to my request to have the flight donated to a charity.

This just supports my decision to cancel my Jetblue credit card, I wasn't convinced it was giving me enough anyway, and this is the proof (not that they're a bad airline, but I don't fly their routes enough). It works well with my decision to pursue FF miles with the legacy airlines too.

In the end though I guess Jetblue was doing such a good job that my expectations got to high, they were bound to diappoint me at some point. I'm contemplating a letter to the CEO; because, of my commitment to customers and customer service and the pursuit of them actually addressing all the issues stated. I'm a letter writer, not because I like free stuff (I actually haven't done that well with that), but because I like companies to do the right thing by consumers.