Monday, February 15, 2010

AFAR magazine

I had recently heard about, then picked up a copy of AFAR magazine. I've only read one copy, but it was an interesting magazine. For a travel magazine it had some very different stories then you typically see, and I mean that in a good way. It's a little higher end of a magazine with a nice layout and an interesting perspective of an angle on stories. It covered a lot of different destinations so there is something for everyone in it. My biggest complaint is that it had an article about smoking with a chart that I had A LOT of trouble figuring out. No chart in a travel magazine should take more then 2 minutes to be understood, after 5 minutes I gave up. But otherwise I enjoyed the magazine. I'm not getting a subscription now, I barely have time to read the magazines I currently get. But it is something that I would pick up at a news stand if I was looking for something to read.