Friday, February 10, 2012

Travel Tip - Bring copies

Whenever I travel I like to bring copies of all of my important documents - drivers license, passport, visa's, reservations, and credit card information.  I also keep an electronic copy of all these documents and give photo copies and electronic copies to a member of my family.

When I travel domestically I'm less likely to do this, mostly because I'm lazy.  But, I always do this when I'm traveling internationally.  While I've never had a problem, I like knowing that if I'm away and lose any of this information I can easily access it to make police reports and to obtain new documents.  I like having a variety of ways to get this information too.  If my suitcase gets lost and the photo copies were in there, then I can just go to my email account and print out new copies.

So my tip this week is to have copies of all your important documents.

Don't forget you can follow me on Twitter: Travelingiraffe