Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Jetblue

On my trip to Disney I flew Jetblue (please note that in recent posts complaining about Jetblue I never said I wouldn't fly them again.) I'm getting more and more disenchanted with Jetblue's customer service - I think they might be a bunch of robots over there.

For my flight down Mom decided she wanted an earlier flight. I called the day before the flight to find out my options; $100 change fee plus the difference in the cost of the flight, wait until midnight and pay $40 for a confirmed seat, or go standby at the airport. The problem is that the girl sounded like a robot, like she pre-recorded the message and just plays it when someone asks about changing flights, it was kinda creepy actually. I opted to book at midnight and pay the $40.
On the return trip the entire planes luggage went missing for an hour. The only acknowledgment of that was after flights that landed after us got there luggage - they told us it would come out momentarily, it didn't come for another half an hour.



I wrote an email to Jetblue's head of customer service. I mentioned all of my problems this year with them. The initial email seemed to be written by an actual person, and then I was passed onto someone else regarding the issue of the Truepass. I knew it wouldn't go anywhere, and it didn't. I got hopeful for a few minutes, but I knew it was a waste of time. In the end, Jetblue put a better face forward this time, though I'm still not in love with them.