Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas in Paris

I've always wanted to spend Christmas in Paris. I don't actually know anything about Paris at Christmas time, but I hear it's a nice time to be there.

I walk down the Champs Elysees and look at the decorated windows with light snow falling. Bundled up in a wool winter coat with a hat, scarf and gloves, a light layer of snow on me. I can hear the snow crunch with each step. It's quiet and peaceful as I take in the festive atmosphere.

I go to mass at Notre Dame and light a candle for those less fortunate. I always enjoy when the Choir sings traditional Christmas songs, I enjoy it even more in French.

Ice skating at the Eiffel Tower in the evening with that magical view of Paris, the City of Lights. Christmas music playing in the background. On my way back home my nose leads me to a street cart where I buy chestnuts that have been roasting, just waiting for me.


Until I can get there and live out my image I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!