Friday, August 7, 2009

California Highlights Part 4 - San Fran

We were up early for breakfast and the drive to San Francisco. All I really remember about the drive to San Fran was watching The Rock in honor of our visit to San Fran. Once in town we were dropped off at Pier 39 to get lunch and walk around a bit. Finding something for lunch was tough since I'm not much of a fish eater, I eventually broke down and had some fried shrimps. We also did some shopping and I bought an awesome shirt to wear to dinner that night.

After we were picked up from Pier 39 we were taken on a city tour. We went to our hotel then and were given some time to chill out before going to the optional dinner in Chinatown. I went out with a couple people around San Fran in our free time, we saw their City Hall which was a nice building. Then we went back and got ready for dinner. On the way to dinner we took a cable car into Chinatown. The dinner was ok, I distinctly remember someone at my table insulting the staff by refusing the soup, apparently that's not appropriate. It turned into an amusing cultural exchange.

After dinner we all went to a bar not too far from Chinatown. After that I went home in a cab with a couple people and the rest went to a club.