Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Road to Hana


On Sunday Tara and I did an excursion in Maui called, "Hana Picnic." It was an 8 hour (well in our case 9 and a half) tour where we went to Hana, had lunch, and came back. The tour was with a company called Imperial Tours and was really good. I was so glad I didn't have to do the drive, it's a long drive on a windie road and if you're driving you don't get to enjoy it. Plus I got to learn more about plants and flowers then I ever wanted to know. Gary, our guide was really into plants and flowers.

Once in Hana there was a lot going on, which is unusual and Gary had to find us an alternate place to eat then his usual. He made us a nice picnic with a table cloth and all. We had chicken, Mahi Mahi, rice, pineapple, bread, cookies and soda. It was a really nice lunch. Much better then the people who were stuck on tours that had to eat at the one quick place in town with $13 burgers.

On the way back we had a stop at a waterfall, which I did swim to. The water was cold, but it was fun and invigorating. Then I froze the rest of the way back to the ship in my wet bathing suit.

For anyone going here I would suggest looking at tours, I think it will allow you to truly appreciate the road to Hana since it's really about the journey and not the destination.