Friday, May 29, 2009

Helicopter Tour of Kauai

On the first day in Kauai Tara and I took a helicopter tour of the island and it was fantastic. At times during the trip I wondered if Hawaii was the most beautiful place I had ever been to, I was able to say it was towards the top of the list, but I couldn't say it was the most beautiful. Kauai changed that, it's the most beautiful place. It was so beautiful that I almost cried. Our friends from the Hana tour had a woman actually cry when they did their helicopter tour. It's that beautiful.

I was looking at pictures today from the tour and it's even more beautiful then I remembered. I've been to the Grand Canyon and on this tour we visited the Grand Canyon of the Pacific, Waimea Canyon. Waimea Canyon was created by lava, but the the caynon is much more lush and green then the Grand Canyon. It's not nearly as large, but I thought it was prettier. Then we moved onto the Na Pali coast... Tall cliffs leading to beautiful blue water, it's even more beautiful because of how difficult it is to get to - helicopter, boat and in some areas LONG hikes. Or you could watch it in a movie, though it's not the same as being there. We also visited the wettest place on earth, Mt. Waialeale.


If you go to Kauai you MUST do a helicopter tour, it's the only way to see some of these places. Tara was scared to go on the helicopter, but overcame the fear because I told her it was worth it. She LOVED the helicopter and wanted to go back up once we got back.

.