Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Trip Preparation, what to do in London and beyond

I've spent quite a bit of time over the past few weeks preparing for my trip to England and Scotland.  Since It's a Contiki trip I have spent most of my time preparing for London.  Though I should probably be spending a bit more time preparing for my 2 days in Edinburgh at the end of the trip.  So what have I done?

As I write this I'm watching Braveheart, for some historical perspective on the trip.  I might have to do a bit of research on the real William Wallace, at least check out what wikipedia says, you know how Hollywood can be.

I've mapped out London.  I figured out how to make custom maps in Google Maps - I have maps with specific icons for the different place I want to go to.
Giraffe (restaurant), hoping to meet Giddy
Churchill's War Room
Westminster Abby
St. Paul's Cathedral
British Museum

There area  few other things I would like to do, but they'll be secondary.  I would rather make a light schedule and not feel like I'm rushing around and maybe get a chance to get a feel for the city.  The secondary things are:  Harrods, a nighttime walking tour (Jack the Ripper?), and a cruise of the Thames.