Friday, September 3, 2010

Last day in Disney

For out last day in Disney I asked Mom if she wanted to go back to EPCOT to finish her shopping. Our flight wasn't until the evening so we had plenty of time. Heidi decided to come with us with the baby. Meanwhile Alex and Mike were going to stay at the hotel and swim.

I think this was the hottest day, the heat and humidity were stifling. We decided to walk around World Showcase since they have some unique shops there. Mom did find a few things there and although I really wanted a pretzel in Germany I was talked out of getting it during our initial walk. It was so hot that I had to put my foot down and insist we eat lunch somewhere with AC - the wait at Mexico was too long so we ate at the Electrical Umbrella. Then I took the boat by myself (and I had thought it was silly that there was a boat from Future World to World Showcase) from Future World to Morocco to cut down my walk back to to Germany, that boat was really handy! Heidi and Mom went back to the resort while I got my pretzel.  After that we all met up at the hotel again to get everything together for the flight home.

This was one of the ironies of the trip.  My sisters lack of action in regards to the reservation and Magical Express forced me go to the hotel Concierge, they were extremely nice and helpful and game Mom and I a complimentary taxi ride to the airport.  Meanwhile my sister, her husband, and the kids took Magical Express.  Which coincidently had plenty of room for Mom and I on it.  But Mom and I had a quiet peaceful ride in the taxi instead.  I find it very strange that they can comp a taxi ride, but not a Magical Express ride, now that is fuzzy math!  But I'll take it.