Friday, July 9, 2010

Macy's 4th of July Fireworks

Thanks to work, I got to enjoy Macy's 4th of July Fireworks this year and I really enjoyed the show, as well as the front row seat I had.  I've become cynical about fireworks over the years, my Mom used to Ohhhh and Ahhhh over them and my sisters and I got into a habit of making for of her.  Well this year I stopped and really enjoyed the show. 

The show had some of the same things I've seen before - like smiley faces - but who doesn't like a smiley face?  And giant bursts of colors.  But there were also planet like fireworks, with rings around them.  Some looked like mushrooms, I'm not sure others would describe them that way, but that was my first thought.  I really liked the ones that looked like golden spaceships taking off into the sky - I had never seen those before and they were really cool.

In the end though the best part was that the vivid colors and the 3 dimensional aspect to them.  Some of them seemed like the little stars in bright reds, blues, greens, golds were flying towards us.  And the reds were so vibrant - like a freshly painted fire engine.  The golds as bright as a gold medal in the Olympics.

The finale was equally as wonderful.  The bright colors flying towards you in the sky in such intentisty.  The fireworks just kept coming for at least a minute or two.  It was the equivalent of pop rocks going off in your mouth - but to your eyes.