Friday, September 11, 2009

The Challenge - Only a Carry-on

For my trip to Knoxville and Pittsburgh I have challenged myself to take only a carry-on. There are a couple reasons for this, but it's mostly because I have 2 flights for each leg of my trip and am afraid my luggage will get lost. It's also an intriguing challenge for myself as a person who sometimes over packs. I've gotten much better over the years, which is why I think I might be able to do this. I also know that when I get to Pittsburgh I will be able to do laundry if I need to.

Some things I plan to do to get all my stuff in 1 carry-on suitcase. Skip the hairdryer. I have made sure that all my hotels have hairdryers available. I'm also only taking my small point and shoot camera that fits in my pocket instead of my DSLR. I'm going to wear my sneakers and bring a pair of sandals. I'm not sure what clothes I'm bringing but I will check the weather closely to make sure I have the right clothes, I often over pack clothing when I have the space to accommodate for different weather. I wont have that luxury on this trip.