Thursday, September 3, 2009

Babies on a plane and Penn State

Tomorrow (Friday) I'm heading out to Penn State for a football game. It's only the Akron game, but I'm quite excited. I haven't been to a Penn State game since I went to the PSU vs Boston College game in 2004 in Boston. Much too long... I'm dreaming of the fun of Beaver Stadium, yelling "WE ARE..." "..Penn State." Shopping downtown State College for Penn State clothing and visiting the creamery for some Ice Cream...

On a completely different topic... My friend is flying this year with your 7 or 8 month old baby. She was planning on buying a seat for her baby, until she found out that a seat for a baby is actually $100 more then it is for an adult. This is outrageous to me. A baby doesn't take up any extra room, and doesn't require a snack or drink. Further this is a safety issue. For some reason airlines apparently have this idea that because it's free it's a good idea to have your baby on your lap, I've heard of people being discouraged from buying an infant a seat by the airlines. Hello, it's a safety issue some people think that the extra money is worth their piece of mind. But there is a breaking point, like $100 more for an infant. I think it's irresponsible of an airline to charge more for a child. They should be encouraging (or at least neutral) to parents who choose to get a seat for their child. They should charge less, not more for that child. I don't get it?