Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Great Sioux Falls!

I actually know someone from the internet who lives in Sioux Falls, SD and although I don't know him well enough to visit with him, I was curious about the place.


It's a cute little town, it has that small town feel, but also was more sprawling then I pictured.  I thought it would be a main street or two with some houses coming and going from town and then kinda rural when you got a mile or two outside of the town.  I also didn't realize that it had a waterfall.  It's not Niagra Falls, but it was set in a pretty park and was a nice size. 


Other then seeing the falls we didn't do too much that is uniqe to Sioux Falls, we had mexican food, it was ok and then went to karaoke.  I did get to meet a real adult cowboy, he was just up from Dodge, ya know as in "get out of Dodge." I qualify this because he was the kind of guy you could have a converstion with about life in the midwest, he had lived in the area his whole life and knew all the good rodeos.  We had a nice chat and knew we were headed to a good rodeo in Cody, WY. 

On our drive to Sioux Falls our Contiki Tour Manager started the game of "assasin" we were all given a card with a name of someone on our tour, you had to "kill" that person, this invovled not getting caught saying "1, 2, 3 you're dead without anyone else hearing." I wasn't going to play, but after I finally figured out who the person on my card was I figured what the heck.  I killed her, as well as my roommate (the card I picked up when I killed the first girl). From there I was sucked into this game!  As cheesy as I thought the game was, I got to know a bunch of people by playing it.


After hour adventures at karaoke, which included a drunk and innapropriate cowyboy, we stopped at IHOP for pancakes.  We had the nicest waitress there who put up with several tables of drunk young people who didn't know what they wanted.  I tried the red velvet pancakes, which were just ok.  I liked the CINN A STACK pancakes much better.

So what's my point with this post.  Sioux Falls seems like a nice place to live, but avoid the drunk cowboys, eat CINN A STACK pancakes.  And, it's easier to "kill" people in loud bars full of drunk people.