Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It's Really Not So Scary

I had attended the Not So Scary Halloween party once before in 2002 when I think it was Minnie's party.  I don't remember too much of it and I didn't know what I was doing back then, it my first trip as an adult then, I didn't know much.  But after enjoying the Christmas party last December I thought I would try this, plus I wanted to get some candy and pictures of HalloWishes.
Here is what the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party offers: Candy and lots of it, HalloWishes, Boo To You Parade, a castle show and some villain dances.

Boo To You Parade was really good.  The song, Boo To You is annoyingly infectious, it's really not so scary...  The song could stand for another verse in it, but I couldn't get it out of my head after the parade.  The general advice is to attend the second parade if you can since it's less crowded.  But, it had started to rain before the first parade so I was able to snag a good spot and I wouldn't have waited long if it wasn't for the delay of the parade.  Although the parade does have all the usual characters like Mickey and Minni, this parade has all the villains highlighted and some grave diggers too!  What more could you want?










After the parade it was time for HalloWishes, I have to say I wasn't overly impressed with this fireworks display.  The music wasn't exciting, I guess that's the issue with not so scary...  And the fireworks were a little weak, not as exciting or as explosive as other fireworks displays at Disney World.


Candy, did I mention there was a lot of candy?  There were one or two candy stations in each land, early in the party they are a bit stingy with candy, giving one or two pieces, buy the end the amount is limited by size of the hand giving you candy.  My bag was overflowing by the end of the party.  For this reason, I suggest attending the party early in your trip, then you'll be covered in the candy department for the remainder of your trip.
CANDY!
The Villains' Dance Mix &Mingle at the castle was fun, it featured, well, villains.  A fun little show, definitely worth stopping to see while at the party. I did not attend the Character Dance parties.

I enjoyed the Halloween party, it was fun, candy filled and entertaining.  Plus I was able to squeeze in a few rides due to the lack of lines.  I'm not sure I would go every year, but I think it's fun for every few years or for first time visitors.