Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fun With Spam

Many years ago in college one of my guy friends tried to convince me of the virtues of Spam, it didn't work.  Fast forward to last June when  I was informed my tour would be stopping at the Spam Musuem in South Dakota, I had a chuckle to myself.  Lets just say, no one expected much from this museum and we were all pleasantly surprised.
Thank you for the sign!
The museum was highly interactive and fun.  I didn't learn a lot about spam that I didn't already know.  Incase you are unaware, it's very popular in Hawaii, an after effect of WWII.  They had displays of Spam from around the world, and games.  The museum was also pretty photogenic, giving some interesting opportunities for photos.  The store was surprisingly expansive, you could buy anything from an air freshener (no, it didn't smell like Spam) to a costume or a christmas village house.

England
Hawaii
If you're in the area then you already know it's not a hot bed of activity in this area, but the museum is worth a stop either way.  It's fun for kids and adults and it is free.  Plus, you might find you like some of the recipes they offer.