Friday, August 27, 2010

Streetmospheres at Disney

In a past post I wrote about how Alex, my nephew, wasn't into characters at Disney World and how this saddened me.  But there was something he did enjoy and it was a bit unexpected for a child of only 4 years old. He liked the Streetmospheres!

I never actually got to see Alex and the sword swallower at the Boardwalk, but I was told they became friends earlier in the trip.  Alex did mention him several times though.  In light of that I would recommend Boardwalk to people/families that like streetmospheres.

Then one day when we were leaving the Hollywood Studios we ran into a group performing and Alex was mesmerized.  I was eating a mickey ice cream sandwich and trying to hide (didn't want to give him any ideas for junk food), but I could have been sitting next to him and he never would have noticed.  My sister and her husband tried to pry him away from the performers so we could leave, but we had to wait until they were done because Alex was not leaving until they were done.

I have to say I like the streetmospheres too, I seem to run into a good show every time I go to Disney World and I always get a good laugh.  It's one of the unique things about Disney too, I never saw streetmospheres when I was at Universal or Great Adventure.