Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fast Pass Fairies

On the Thursday of our trip to Disney World we visited  Hollywood Studios. My sister had previously given me the impression that they were running pretty close to opening times for the parks, so when we arrived at the park an hour after opening I was thrown off a bit from what I had originally planned.  If you arrive at park opening what you're supposed to do (to maximize your time and do as much as possible) is get fast passes for Toy Story, ride Toy Story and move on with your day. However, by the time we got to Toy Story there was already a 50 minute wait. I got fast passes, but they were for 2:00 to 3:00. As we were standing around discussing what we wanted to do a man came up to us and gave us 3 fast passes to Toy Story that were valid right then.  Heidi, Alex and I rode while everyone else waited for us. Heidi wasn't overly impressed with the ride, but I still think it's one of the best at Disney World.  Those fast passes were like a gift from god, or at least a fast pass fairy.  When our fast passes became valid Mike, Alex and I went and rode the ride again, but we ran out of time for Mom to ride because of Blockparty Bash.


We finsihed up our day at the Hollywood Studios by going on The Rockin Roller Coaster. We went on the single rider line (Mom stayed behind with the two kids) and it might have actually taken longer then the regular line, they just were not moving the singles well. I hadn't ridden the ride since my 2002 trip so it was great to see how much fun the ride actually is. After riding a cast member came up to us and we were all trying to avoid the woman who was bugging us, then I realized that we were in Disney and it's probably not a crazy person (NY does bad things to peoples psychee) - well she offered us 3 fast passes to Rockin Rollercoaster.  We didn't end up using them, but found another group of people to give them to.  As nice as it is to be on the receiving end of a fast pass, it's nice to be the fast pass fairy yourself.

Pay it forward...