Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Why I love waterfalls


When I visited Yosemite National Park I remember thinking everyone was crazy for wanting to hike up it. It was a vacation after all. I finally resigned myself to hiking to the top of the lower falls, it seemed a reasonable feat. We actually made it up to that point, and while the views to the valley were amazing, I felt like something was missing. I was a bit over this whole hiking thing but everyone wanted to keep going so I continued. Not too long after, we came to the bottom of the Upper Falls. It's one of those times when you turn a corner and BAM! You've seen what you came to see. It was magnificanet to be so close to the bottom of this massive water fall. Of course a long session of photos ensued. We continues to climb after, but the view and the falls were never as great as they were when we first found the falls.