Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Travel plans

As much as I try to plan stuff it seems that sometimes things just don't go as planned.

I found out last week that I need I'm going to have to start my braces and massive dental work in August, not in the winter as I had anticipated. This means that money will be hard to come by and I lost my pre-braces last trip reason for the fall trip. I'm now considering some options for something smaller and cheaper. One thing is a 5 day cruise from NY to Bermuda with my Mom during my 2 week vacation in September.

My travel plans for the duration of my dental work, which is estimated to take at least two years is to take smaller long weekend types of trips within the US. Places where I can get cheap flights and hopefully cheap hotels. There is talk of a family trip to Vegas for Thanksgiving, and one sister is considering a trip to Disney for the Spring which I may join with Tara.

My other plan is that I was thinking that I would want to take a big dream like trip after all this work - Australia or Africa or whatever else I come up with. But then I wondered if I would actually have money for this, which I probably wont. So I've decided that I will open a separate bank account to save some money for the trip. I received some birthday money which I will use to start it and then I'll occasionally move some money here and there to the account. Hopefully at the end I'll have at least enough to make it possible to do a big trip.