Friday, March 15, 2013

Do You Need More Pockets?

Several years ago I heard about a new travel product, the Scottevest, a jacket or vest with lots of pockets, ideal for travelers.  At the time the products seemed a bit pricey, but I eventually broke down and bought a jacket with detachable sleeves. 



While the idea was great, the jacket didn't quite work for me.  First, I was going to a warmish climate so a jacket wasn't ideal.  Second, I'm not really one to wear a jacket on a plane.  Finally, I tried to stuff as much as possible into my pockets making it feel bulky.  I blame the idea of the scottevest no luggage challenge

Bottom line, it didn't quite work for me.  It wasn't the fault of the jacket, just a poor choice for me.  But in my own defense, their offerings for woman back then were a little slim. 

As time went on I kept looking at the woman's line and noticed that it had improved greatly.  This winter I decided to bite the bullet and buy one of the woman's fleeces, I chose the Chloe Hoodie.  I LOVE it!
Chloe Bling Hoodie
*It's soft, fuzzy, and womanly.  It's definitely designed for woman. 
*I love the personal area network, I couldn't believe how easy it was to put my headphones through the hoodie.  Usually, it's a pain in the butt.  And it has loops that keep the headphones in place. 
*Pen pockets, how many times have you been on a plane and needed a pen?  Now I don't have to search through my bag, yea!
*Lots of pockets, but not overwhelming.  I can store my iPhone, money, blistex, sunglasses, and even a kindle.  I could probably get more then that in there too, but then I would feel loaded down.  But really, that's enough to keep me busy. 
*Thumb holes.  I haven't used these yet, but since I'm always cold, I can see them in my future.
*Everyone compliments me on it too! 

Chloe Bling Hoodie Pocket Map
Scottevest jackets, fleece, vests, and pants aren't cheap, but they're a good quality equal to their price. If the price scares you off, look around, Scottevest often offers 20% discounts on their merchandise.  Will I buy more?  I've been eyeing the pants for my next long trip; but, I would prefer to wait until they offer petite sizes.  They have said on their website they are looking into it.