Friday, November 2, 2012

The iPad Mini

A week and a half ago Apple announced the iPad mini and at first I wasn't interested.  I already have an iPad 2 and although I love it, I don't use it that much for me to have bothered with even upgrading it.  But as I thought about the iPad I was thinking about my primary uses, it's the computer I travel around with (sometimes "travel" is just going to work.) Which brought the question, would I like a smaller one?

I have looked at smaller tablets, like the Kindle and thought they were too small as a tablet.  But as I thought of the idea of having my iPad being lighter and smaller (easier to bring around with me) I started thinking, it might be the perfect tool for a traveler, especially if you are already traveling with a laptop or just want to play some games, check email or watch a movie.  You'll never get the experience like watching a movie on a giant TV, but then again, you're also not at home watching the movie on your couch, in most cases.

While I'm not getting the iPad mini now, I think it is something that I will consider in the future when I upgrade my technology.