Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Dining in Chicago

While I was in Chicago I had the opportunity to eat at two notable locations - Weber Grill and Lou Malnati's.

Weber Grill comes from the maker of Weber Grills, shocking I know. It is located at Grand and State Street and is Delicious! I had Prime Rib, sweet potato and pretzel bread. The prime rib was well cooked and tasty. The mashed sweet potatos were also tasty and I just love pretzel bread. The wait staff friendly, and offered quick service.

I thought this was a good place for solo travelers, I saw several people dining on their own.

At the end of my dinner I asked the waiter where he recommended for Chicago Deep Dish Pizza, Lou Malnati's.

Lou Malnati's
There are several locations but I went to the River North location at 439 North Wells Street.

When I arrived I was told the wait would be 45 minutes, but I only waited a half hour for a table. They do have the option of pre-ordering your pizza to reduce the wait at the table.

My salad was excellent, lots of veggies in it and a sweet vinagret dressing. Pizza crust was a bit thinner then I expected, and had cheese then sauce. A lot of sauce. Overall, it was very tasty pizza, but I'll stick with my NY style pizza anyday.