Wednesday, February 4, 2009

How about Hawaii???

A couple months ago I got an email from my dear friend Tara. She is finishing her Masters Degree in May and wanted to know where I was taking her. It didn't take much thought, I knew she wanted to go to Ireland and Hawaii. Since I know Hawaii is her first choice I decided Hawaii it is. Beside, with the exchange rate for the USD, Ireland would be expensive and Hawaii is, well Hawaii. Need I say more?

After giving it some thought, particularly about the fact that I don't know much about Hawaii, I thought... What about a cruise. I ran it by Tara, and she said it was ok, and whatever I say (she says that a lot.) I combed the options and decided that NCL's Pride of America sounded fantastic. 2 days on each island so we would get to see all the islands. We start and end in Honolulu, then have 2 days in Maui, 1 day at each port on the Big Island - Hilo and Kona, and a day and a half on Kauai. We'll also be sailing by the Na Pali Coast of Kauai and have an evening sail by the erupting Volcano on the Big Island.

How on earth will we ever decide what excrusions to do???