Friday, January 7, 2011

New to me attractions at WDW

No matter how much time you spend at Walt Disney World, it seems there are always attractions you don't get to do.  On my last trip there were several attractions that I finally got to ride:

Test Track - test the responsiveness of a race car.  Finish with a high speed drive.  I thought it was a lot of fun and the speed felt a little faster then I expected, though not crazy fast.  But then we only went around 60 mph.  The biggest problem with this attraction is its sensativity to thunder and lightning - it doesn't run, as we found out when we went at the time posted on our fast passes.  We waited a while, did some other things and eventually got to ride, but it was a ride that almost didn't happen.

Ellen's Energy Adventure - The pre-show is a little dated, but not stale.  The ride itself was cold, dark and a good place to take a nap.  Ok, the seats weren't comfortable enough to sleep on, but there was plenty of room to sleep if you wanted to.  The ride itself was interesting and fun, though not fantastic.  It is a nice long break from the hecticness of the day at Epcot. 

Living With the Land - A boat ride where you learn about ecosystems.  Wow, that sounds really boring, and I'll admit it's not exciting.  But it is enjoyable and educational.  It's also a nice break from the hectic pace of a day in Epcot.  Not at the top of my list of attractions, but certainly worth a visit every few trips to the park.

Turtle Talk with Crush - geared towards children, it is still a fun attraction.  It uses the same technology as Monster's Inc Laugh Floor.  It's interactive and funny.  You might feel a little odd going without children, but do it anyway, at least once.

Journey Into Your Imagination - I'll admit, I remember going on this and a bit of it, but very little.  The moral - it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. 

Mission Space, green - We did green because the line was shorter and I have some mild issues with my neck.  I can't say it lived up to the hype of being a headliner attraction.  It was fun, and interactive, but it didn't feel like the must see that it's billed as, but maybe that's because we did the green version.