Friday, August 6, 2010

British Airways, you just don't make sense...

I booked my flights to the UK for September with British Airways and am considering upgrading my ticket.  However, when I view my tickets on the website it says that I can't upgrade online that I have to call.  I called, they said that I purchased too cheap of a ticket to upgrade and that I can only upgrade to economy plus (or whatever BA calls it.)  I asked what the cost of upgrading the ticket to be upgradable, but from what he said I think he told me how much it was with the upgrade - $600 and change, but there were no upgrades available.  That would bring my ticket price to the range of $1500

Interesting...  I checked online and you can purchase economy plus on that route for $1600 or you could purchase the flexible economy ticket for $2000.

What I don't like about the BA.com website is that it doesn't tell you what fare bucket your ticket is, and doesn't give you the option when you book.  Basically, it doesn't let you make a choice between a cheap ticket and a slightly more flexible ticket.