Friday, October 9, 2009

The Amazing Race

I've recently started watching the Amazing Race, I watched a couple seasons this summer and am watching the new season on TV. This season the racers have gone to Vietnam and for some reason it's making me want to go to SE Asia.

TAR has been to SE Asia a couple times and it always seems really interesting, culturally. But this last season with the trip to Vietnam is pushing me toward making my big trip after getting my dental work to SE Asia. When I think of Australia and New Zealand I feel like, yea, they would be cool and great places to go, but I don't think the cultural differences will be enough to make it an adventure. Plus I think SE Asia is more likely to change and become westernized and Oz and NZ will probably not change as much if trips there had to wait a couple years. But 2 years of dental work might change my mind. Another place I am considering is Africa to go on a safari, but I think that is most likely to happen if my friend who also wants to do that will do it, I don't have much faith that that will happen.